Monday, July 16, 2012

My Nexxus Hair Care Experience

So I love the Nexxus Line of shampoos and conditioners.  I had been tweeting about this brand the other day and realized I never blogged about so here it goes.

 

Background

Now before I began transitioning I was a use whatever type of girl.  Well that's not entirely true I try products and if I absolutely fall in love with them, they become my staple until I either can't afford it or run out and didn't replace them or I find something new.  At the point of discovering Nexxus I had decided I was going to transition and had been doing so for about 6 months.  At six months into my transition I was still getting used to this new process.  My hair was extremely dry.  All I knew was to do protective styles, protective styles, protective styles, if I wanted to keep my length.  The only protective style I was good at was mini twist so that is what I did.  I kept my hair in these twist because they prevented me from combing it and it resembled a wrapped style so I was used to that.  The product I used on my hair before this was basically the Suave brand.  I only used the Suave brand because it was Christmas time and I was cutting cost to be able to give the kids a nice holiday.  But before then I was using the Pantene relaxed to natural line. 







Typically I begin with a Shampoo.  That is if I had been faithful to my routine and didn't need to give my hair any extra TLC.  The Shampoo smells really good.  Its thick and has great lather.  The slip is nice and it's ultra moisturizing.  At first I pump 2 to 3 pumps on my hands and rub into my hair.  Because of the product build up and dirt on the hair the lathering will be tough.  Once that is massaged through I rinse and repeat.  The second Wash I will only need 1 pump sometimes 2 but I rarely need to use two.  The lathering is great at this point.  If you use too much it will be hard to rinse out.


Therappe



Next I condition. And the Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner is whats happening. I mean it has a medium consistency. Softens the hair beyond belief. Detangles like a champ, is true to its word in moisturizing and smells wonderful--almost tropical. Your hair is definitely more manageable, hydrated, and has a silky sheen to it. I love love love this product. Its definitely my favorite out of all the products.  
Humectress


When I need a protein treatment I go for Keraphix conditioner. It smells really good. and stops my breakage. The only thing is this product dries my hair out tremendously so I have to replenish my hair with a hot oil and an extensive conditioning treatment.
Keraphix

To combat frizz I use the Silken smoothing conditioner. Its an added step that is purely based off my preference. But its also moisture rich and softens the hair. Lots of people says it combat the frizzness and I suspect that it does but I don't mind frizz!
Hydra Sleek

So that's my review of the Nexxus line.  no matter what I have been trying lately I have come back to these products to rescue my hair.  When I am experiencing breakage.  I come back to this.  When I experience dryness I come back to this.  When my hair is just not acting right I come back to this.

If you are having difficulty with your transitioning hair, I strongly encourage you to try this product line out.  It not only restores your damaged, dry, brittle, lifeless hair.  But it brings a manageability to it that is unheard of if you have two totally opposite textures of hair.  The Nexxus line has help me to presevere through this transition.  I honestly believe  if it was not for this product line I would not have been able to transition as long as I have been!!








Check out the video:


















1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    The site is giving you detail about hair care,Professional hair products are in the market for your use.Take help of them and get healthy hair, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete