Friday, June 29, 2012

Tips for the perfect twist out on Transitioning Hair

So I'm sitting here trying out a new technique for a twist-out on my hair and thought I should write a post about doing a twist out so here goes! You know since its my favorite Transitioning style!
The Basics:
First, I start off on clean just washed hair, whether its shampooed washed or co-washed doesn't really make a difference!
Then detangle, beginning at the tips combing up towards the roots. 
Next, I apply my styler/leave in.  I am using Suave tropical coconut conditioner currently. Rake through strands.
Then, I apply a holding agent. I switch between eco-styler gel olive oil or olive oil by ampro.
Next, I seal it all with an oil blend. Whatever works well with your texture will suffice.

The Style:
So, I begin by first planning how I want my hair to fall.  I decide if I want my waves going off to the side, or if I want a part in the middle or if I want all my hair to fall towards the back.
After that, I began sectioning and parting.
Once that is all done I style my hair in flat twist.
Note: Flat twist are the two strand version of cornrolls. 
I like flat twist because:
A) They allow me to grab my roots (which are much more flufflier than my relaxed hair)
B) Gives a more defined wave pattern
C) Fits nicely under a cap or bonnett if I have to make a run while they are still in the drying process
D) Are comfortable to sleep in
Lastly, I allow them to COMPLETELY dry. (sometimes this process can take a day or longer). 
Note: the longer you keep your hair in the twist the more defined the wave pattern will be.

The Takedown:
Now to take down the twist. I oil my hands and run them across my twists. Also oil helps to cut down on the stress your fingers can put on your hair.
Then I unravel them carefully and leave them in the sections/chunks until they are all taken down.
Once they are all down, I seperate each section until I get the fullness I want.
After that, I pick them out at the roots for height/volume.
Then, I position my strands in the desired look I was going for (or sometimes the direction my hair choose to fall in)
And lastly (comepletely optional) I adorn with accessories. 


If this new technique turns out good.  I will definitely do a vlog/blog about it.  Until then I really appreciate you taking the time to read this.  If you find it helpful share!

  

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends! I am Sharma from Delhi I am telling about my hair transplant. Before few months my hair fall was very much and I was so worried about this hair fall. I was visiting most Hair clinic for treatment but no Body could stop my hair problem. But thanks to my friend which can tell me about Klinik Esthetika. This clinic so good they have the latest technology and experienced doctor and after few months my hair fall is stop and grows. Thanks to Klinik esthetika to stop my Hair Fall Treatment India

    ReplyDelete