Saturday, June 23, 2012

Carol's Daughter 1-2-3 transitioning kit review

So, I was so kindly given this Carol's Daughter transitioning 1-2-3 kit at a focus group a few weeks back (see Rachel O's blog for more info http://www.makeupbyrachelo.com/2012/05/31/transition-with-carols-daughter/#more-2044) to try out and give my opinion on so here goes on 12 month transitioning tresses.

According to the website:

http://www.carolsdaughter.com/Portal.aspx?CN=C0B4D6EFEFD1

The First & Only Relaxed-To-Natural Hair Solution Specifically Made For Transitioners!
93% Less Shedding, Healthier Scalp & Softer Strands*
This easy 3-step kit offers a solution to the 3 problems transitioners face: product build-up, scarred scalp & breakage at the points of demarcation. Now big choppers, long grow-outs and protective stylers can transition from relaxed to natural hair with less shedding, a healthier scalp and softer hair.

The Good!!

  1. I love that this product is specifically for transitioners. 
  2. Natural hair stayed soft. 
  3. Hair felt hydrated.  
  4. It gives you a step by step guide as how to cleanse and treat your hair. 
  5. The smell is wonderful. 
  6. The tingling is great. 
  7. It has biotin in it to promote hair growth which is always good.  Us transitioners want our curls now!!!! 


The Bad :(

  1. The detangling process is the same to worse. 
  2. The point of demarcation is very evident my relaxed hair matted up but my natural hair remained softened. 
  3. Its time consuming.  

In summary, the product is ok.  I think its a great product for someone that has no clue as to what you are to do to manage transitioning hair. It gives you a guide to how to cleanse, massage and condition your hair.  Sometimes we leave out the massage part of our regime this product forces you to incorporate that into your routine.  Also this product adds biotin, a known hair growth vitamin, to your list of products used on your hair in a convenient way.  

 But if you already have a routine then this kit may slow you down a bit.  Someone that already knows how to wash, detangle, condition, and massage/exfoliate their hair will not necessarily see an added benefit from this product.

I did notice that I had no product build-up after I washed and conditioned.  As far as breakage I wasn't impressed by that claim.  I've used the product a few times and my breakage has not decreased as of yet.  When I was using my old shampoo my breakage was very minimum. 

IMPORTANT!!!!! Comment Below!!!!!

What do you think?  Have you tried the transitioning kit?  What have been your results?  Let's share so we can help others that is transitioning as well. Everyone will have different results so its good to share and hear other opinions!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment