Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Transitioning to Natural (Hair that is): Its a family affair

This is a hair blog!!!!


So I have a little one that has never had a relaxer.  For years I have wrestled with the thought of letting my relaxer go.  I tried once last yr and lasted about 3 months.  Recently a family member of mine mentioned on facebook that she was thinking of going natural, so I commented well if u do it I will too.  Thus here I am today!!! I have decided yet again to go natural.  I have so many reasons as to why I would like to take this journey.  But one of the most inspirational one would be because my oldest daughter would like to join me.  So this will truly be a family affair.  As I stated earlier I already have one that has never had a relaxer (my youngest daughter) my oldest daughter has decided she also wants to see how her hair is in its natural state.

Ultimately we have the same end goal but are  going to achieve it a little differently.  I want to learn how to style my hair so that when it is in its completely natural state I will have it mastered already.  So I will be experimenting with transitioning styles.  She, on the otherhand, will be wearing braids and weaves until she has her desired length and ready to cut off her relaxed ends. Mainly because she is on here way to high school and is not all that comfortable with dealing with two hair textures.   My last relaxer was in June of this year 2011. Her last relaxer was about May of this year. 

During this transition we both will achieve healthy hair, as much growth as possible, as well as establish a regime that is suited for our lifestyle and hair type.  I am so excited about this hair journey I can't wait until I have no more traces of relaxer in my hair.  I am eager to see my curls.  For anyone that is reading and has transitioned GOOD FOR U I CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH UP TO U, to those that are TRANSITIONING STAY ENCOURAGED ITS GONNA BE A GREAT RIDE and for those thinking about it I HOPE WILL WILL JOIN US ON THIS JOURNEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment