Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 1 P90X

Ok well today is going to be a totally different post but its still in line with my overall theme.  I am transitioning to a healthier lifestyle. I aspire to be green, eat healthier, exercise regularly and live out some of my dreams.  So keeping in mind my greener lifestyle I have decided to take the P90X challange.
Today is day 1!!!! so excited.
5 am---wake up
5:15 am--measurements, weight, before pictures
5:30 am -6:40am-- worked (out first dvd was coresynergentics)
showered got ready for the day
Went to work keeping in mind to eat every 2-3hrs.

Ok sample menu:
I ate nice breakfast (thanx baby...he made me breakfast): eggs w/cheese, potatoes, 3 strips of bacon.
 I had a full spinach salad with tuna, for snack
leftover meatloaf with mixed veggies for lunch
small piece of baked chicken, rice, broccoli w/cheese for dinner
special k ceral bar (love these, the right amount of sweet yummy) for my last snack

So now for the workout:
Ok well as usual it starts off with stretching.  Which felt so good because I am not a morning person and not to mention the fact that I dove right into it cold turkey (yesterday cake and ice cream today hardcore workout).  Next some push ups in many different forms (ie planks, prison-style, side lifts), then we also had some cardio, a few yoga moves sprinkled in there, weights and other resistance training type exercises.  The best thing  about the workouts, to me, is Tony!  He reassures you that it takes time to do what the demonstrators are doing and that we should only do whats in our limits.  But to still push yourself. I've tried other workout dvds in the past and I have never seen one that encourages you so much to take it at YOUR pace.  Thanks Tony!!!!!! Overall  it was not very intensive in a fast pace sort of way but it was very effective slower more concentrated type movements .  Throughout the day I felt different muscles contract at different times, (letting me know that I worked it in a way I hadn't done in a while) I would have a burst of energy one minute and then feel like I had just gotten done with a workout the next.  (That was probably due more to me not being a morning person and having to get up 2 hrs before normal).

How I felt:
Well my background.  I am over weight, I have a sit down job, requiring me to sit for over 10 hrs at times, 3 children but they are very independent, I'm in a relationship. So I have the basic duties of every mother/girlfriend such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.  I'm not a very active person other than daily duties.  I love to cook so i usually cook pretty semi-healthy. Although I am not a big eater I do tend to eat the wrong foods and I skip a lot of meals.  I have a dangerous sweet tooth.  Sometimes its outta control at other times I can control it much better. I hated water until recently.  I decided I needed to drink more to be a good example for my children so I drunk nothing but water for 3 weeks and it worked!!!!  I now crave water. That is a miracle if you knew me you would think so lol.  I have tried various other workout video's and diets/lifestyle changes and some worked some didn't.  Anyhow over the last 7 yrs I have been consistently gaining weight and this year finally decided to take control. Anyway back to how I felt, most of the day I was tense, not so sore that I was scarred to move but enough to remember that I had indeed took the p90x challenge.  I needed a nap, had I had time I would have taken 1.  A hot bath was definitely in order and my hunger was through the roof.

So like I said this is day 1 so we'll see how it goes.  I am hoping to incorporate this in my lifestyle forever.  It seems easy enough and very effective.  If I see a change I would post before and after pictures and whatever dramatic change that I feel would help someone.  So for now thanks for reading about my journey wish me luck.  I hope this helps someone stay encouraged for whatever path of greatness their journey takes them.
Brush your teeth in the shower!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment